Monday 14 May 2012

Time to stand and stare

Tonight's ride home was an absolute dream! The sun was out, I had a strong tailwind and the sky was full of those big lumpy clouds just like the start of "The Simpsons". Beautiful so I took the opportunity to take a few photos.

One of the downsides of the Blogger app for iPhone is that it won't let you put photos in line with the text. Or at least figuring out how to do so is beyond me so far. As a result, I've just put a load of pictures of my commute at the end of this post. As you can see, city commuting it is not!

A lot of the route is along country lanes and even the built up parts are really nice. The photo of the bike next to a tree was taken in a beech wood that I cycle past in the city where I work. OK so the main road is about three metres behind me but, it's still picturesque. For a country boy like me, it's just the ticket.

I find that on the bike I notice much more than when stuck in the car. It's not just a speed thing either because car commuters spend a lot of time stationary. More likely it's that you're immersed in the environment so to speak.

And as the poet wrote, "What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare?" so here you are:









No comments:

Post a Comment